September 8, 2017
ALB Arbitration showcased in Rwandan ADR renaissance – Articles With the recent Rwandan elections over, Kigali stands ready to celebrate all matters arbitral at a forthcoming conference. They have every reason to do so. It is part of their future. September sees calm in Kigali, following the recent expected re-election – by 98.8% of the
September 1, 2017
ALB Greater harmony required if arbitration is to break through in Africa – Articles The need for greater harmonisation between Africa’s differing legal traditions is needed if international arbitration is going to take hold on the continent and attract a greater number of cases to African seats, according to delegates at the International Arbitration Conference
July 6, 2017
Rwanda to host regional arbitration conference Rwanda will host the 5th edition of the East Africa International Arbitration Conference (EAIAC) from September 28-29. This year’s conference theme is ‘Linkages between International Arbitration and Africa’s economy’.
June 29, 2017
The conference will profile East Africa’s arbitration centres in Nairobi, Kigali and Mauritius as competitive centres to the already established centres in the world offering reliable and efficient alternative for the users of arbitration KIGALI, Rwanda, June 19, 2017/ — Africa’s ambitious development projects and relatively stable governments continue to attract international investors. These investors often
- South Africa adopts International Arbitration Bill: A new dawn for the settlement of international commercial disputes in Africa
- Arbitration in Africa
- A ray of hope to problems of enforcement in African countries
- International arbitration: selling features of an african-seated arbitration
- International arbitration: bankrolling arbitrations - scope for third party funding in African international arbitrations?
- Proposed changes to the FIDIC Yellow Book: The benefit for projects in Africa
- Zimbabwe Judicial laws Amendment Bill. A move with the times?
- Investors in Southern African Development Community Stripped of International Treaty Protections
- Update on CAJAC
- The Enforcement of Arbitral Awards in Sub-Saharan Africa